Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Celebration of Life

Today we celebrated the life of my Grandpa Haught.  The service was absolutely amazing.  I can't express how touched and comforted I felt at Mass today.  Surrounded by so many friends and our amazing family.  Grandpa was full of life, heart and was one of the most amazing men I know.  He was a devoted husband, a follower of Christ, a dedicated dad, and a supporing and loving Grandfather. I can think back to my sports events, graduations, marriage, birth of our children, it didn't matter how big or small the event was in my life Grandpa was there.  When we wanted to have a taco eating contest we would go to Panchos and see who could eat more,  I only beat him once.  On Saturday mornings he always made sure we had Shipley's Donuts, waffles or cream of wheat, he always gave up his "side of the bed" so we could sleep with Grandma, when I scratched his truck all along a fence .... he didn't even get mad (although Grandma and I didn't tell him for two or three years), and he even convinced me that laying out in the sun with a can of beer on my head would make it blonder!  Which I did more than once....  I am so blessed to have my heart full of memories and love that Grandpa left me.  I will miss him so much.  I love you Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment