Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Washers, Hammocks, Eggs and Four Wheelerin'

It has been awhile since we had been back to East Texas and the four wheeler was calling Cliff's name, the peacefulness, breezes and the hammock were calling mine, and the chickens and good ole' family time were calling the kids!  Getting up the farm for the weekend is always good for the soul.  There is not alot to do in fact nothing really - no hustling bustling, no traffic, just good ole county times. 

We took the four wheeler for rides through a trail or two that my brother in law, dad, uncle and cousin have been working so diligently on.  It is looking really good and it was lots of fun.   We broke out the washers and played game after game.  I won't tell everyone so I will put this on my blog and share it on facebook (that I beat Cliff 8-0 once and then he challenged me again and yes I beat him then too).  Below is a picture of Cliff challenging my Dad...
 
I caught a long over due much needed nap in the hammock!

Cheyann enjoyed lots of special one on one time with her GiGi (aka my Grandma) I am not sure who enjoys it more her or my Grandmother.  I even stayed Friday night with her and we talked and talked.  Before I knew it it was 12:30 a.m. way past my bed time for those who know me! 

Dieing eggs was a fun treat and brought back lots of good memories! Mom took the kids on a mule ride to find flowers....as a little girl, our mom, took us to do the same thing, we made beautiful nests of flowers that we put our basket on for the Easter bunny to find.




Yes, on Sunday morning we got up when the sun came up and the Easter bunny had came by, we did the hunt, the kids checked out their baskets and we made it to 8:00 mass -- for those of you who don't know the Link Family is real good at cramming many events into a little bit of time. Mom prepared a wonderful Easter lunch, pigged out and hit the road back home to reality! 

And the family:

No comments:

Post a Comment